Welcome to the Fall 2012 COMP 410 Home Site!
|12/9/2012 5:28 PM|
Last thing until we're free - documentation. We should meet up once this week to finalize everything, how does Tuesday at 2:00 in the OEDK sound? Everyone should bring nearly done versions of the their docs, and we'll make last changes and post them then. We'll be using the last of the food budget on whatever you guys like.
I've assigned the last deliverables (as per Dr. Wong) to each team, color - coded below:
(Red - GUI, Green - Model, Blue - Network, Black - All, Orange - Other, see bottom for note)
- Full code disconnected from source control in Customer site
- Full code in TFS (do final commits, DO NOT BREAK FUNCTIONALITY)
- Full code docs at method and field level (everyone document their own code)
- Documentation (some sections can be moved around into different guides and or combined)
- Installation guide
- Azure deployment -- be sure to identify any hard-coded URL issues!
- required third party packages (I believe only GUI used third-party packages)
- security certificates and other settings
- User guide -- how to use the applicaiton
- normal users
- power users
- Finalized specifications and requirements
- Architecture Guide
- Overall philosophy and description
- use cases
- system block diagrams at various levels.
- Developer's guide -- information for developers taking over the project
- Code documentation in web-readable format
- Sandcastle documentation generator (free):
- VSdocman (trial install - full license available from SW):
Archie - As TFS Master, could you get a final zipped copy of the code disconnected from TFS and update the TFS guide?
Carrie - Specs & Reqs
Randy - Architecture Guide
|12/1/2012 2:41 PM|
Here is the outline of our presentation with the assigned speaker for that section:
Final Presentation Outline with Assignments.docx
Also, here is the current powerpoint presentation I have currently.
Each person who's assigned a section should work on/become familiar with the slides for their section. To send me any edits you make, just e-mail me this pptx with your edits and I'll condense them into one version.
If you want to speak and you don't have an assignment, just let me know which part you want to do! There's a lot of people doing double, so we can definitley give you a spot. I really think everyone should say at least something, does not need to be long.
|11/13/2012 7:45 PM|
Here are the assignments for the project-wide documents:
Specs & Reqs - Carrie
Energy Model & Plan - Carrie + part of Model team
Implementation Descriptions - Each team responsible for write-up of their own subsystem. Needs to be understandable by a developer with no previous knowledge of system.
User Manual - GUI team
System Block Diagram - Randy and Controller team. Along with the diagram, we also need a text description of it and the overall system.
Let me know if any of these assignments seem out of scope to the people assigned to them or anyone is unsure of what their document is and how to write it.
Please have an initial version ready in class on Friday. They do not at all need to be perfect or completed. Feel free to highlight sections that you feel are vagure or you're unsure about with keywords or question marks. However, the better versions we can get by Friday the less time we will need to spend making edits.
|11/8/2012 12:44 PM|
We'll be having our last coding session before the demo tomorrow tonight in the OEDK. 7:00 as usual.
PLEASE send me an e-mail or a text if you won't be able to come. We have a lot of functionality to get integrated, so it's really critical that we have as many people working as possible.
Just to review, the integration functionality we need for the demo is follows:
1) Being able to save a model (blueprint) to the database.
2) Being able to load a view of the model on the GUI.
3) Being able to run that model from the GUI.
(Which entails instatiating the modules, connecting them, and then starting the modules. Results will just be hardcoded to output to an excel file.)
Let me know if anything is unclear or you have questions,
|11/7/2012 4:36 PM|
We will also be ordering pizza tonight at the meeting using the 410 budget, which means it's FREE. YAY!
This page is a "Web Part" page containing a custom arrangements of components displaying information such as the announcements, calendar, etc. It is also a wiki page and thus can be edited by clicking the "page" icon near the upper left of this page. For help on editing wiki pages see How To Use This Library.
Add a new image, change this welcome text or add new lists to this page by clicking the edit button above. You can click on Shared Documents to add files or on the calendar to create new team events. Use the links in the getting started section to share your site and customize its look.
|There are no items to show in this view of the "Calendar" list.|
||January, 2019 || >
| Sun || Mon || Tue || Wed || Thu || Fri || Sat |